Who doesn’t love a good fast skillet dish? Well, I have another great one for you today. A cheesy sausage and pasta skillet.
This one uses Kielbasa sausage. Since it’s fully cooked it’s a great protein to use for a speedy dinner. Think of this as like a cheesy homemade hamburger helper type of dinner, but with Kielbasa sausage instead.
This was a hit for my family and another dish to use during the summer! It should help keep the kitchen cool!
Cheesy Sausage and Pasta Skillet
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb Kielbasa sausage sliced
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups of short cut pasta
- 1 10 oz can Ro*tel
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup shredded colby jack cheese
- In a skillet, cook onion and sausage over medium heat until onion is tender and sausage is browned.
- Add in garlic and cook or 1 minute.
- Then add in the pasta, canned tomatoes, milk, and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Mix in cheese and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes and then serve. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts.