Today, I have something for you that is similar to the poppy seed chicken recipe that I have shared with you before. It has more of a Mexican flair and incorporates Nacho Cheese Doritos! I must say I was really surprised at how crunchy the Doritos stay after baking in the oven. Cheesy goodness served over rice! This cheesy chicken Dorito casserole is delish!
I am a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking. This cheesy chicken Dorito casserole is a great “Cantry” recipe that utilizes Ro*Tel, Cream of Chicken Soup, and Olives. I love to keep a well stocked “Cantry” including canned soups, tomatoes, beans, fruit, and vegetables. It makes it easy to get dinner on the table.
- 1 (11 oz) bag of nacho cheese Doritos, crushed
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (10 oz) can mild Ro*Tel, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- cooked rice
- toppings: diced olives, chopped cilantro, and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Ro*Tel, soup, milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread 1 3/4 cup of the crushed Doritos into the bottom of a 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/2 of the chicken mixture over the crushed Doritos and spread carefully to cover the Doritos. Top with remaining crushed Doritos, followed by the remaining chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with toppings. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl.