Today, I have something for you that is similar to the poppy seed chicken recipe that I have shared with you before. It has more of a Mexican flair and incorporates Nacho Cheese Doritos! I must say I was really surprised at how crunchy the Doritos stay after baking in the oven. The cheesy goodness is served over rice! This cheesy chicken Dorito casserole is delish!
I am a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking. This cheesy chicken Dorito casserole is a great “Cantry” recipe that utilizes Ro*Tel, Cream of Chicken Soup, and Olives. I love to keep a well stocked “Cantry” including canned soups, tomatoes, beans, fruit, and vegetables. It makes it easy to get dinner on the table.
It all starts with a layer of crushed up Nacho Cheese Doritos in the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch pan. Then you combine some cooked chicken with cream of chicken soup, Ro*tel, milk, sour cream, and some shredded cheddar cheese. You pour half of this mixture over the crushed Doritos. The top that will more crushed Doritos followed by the other half of the chicken mixture.
Now you top the whole thing with more cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes of until bubbly. Just serve over cooked rice and add some toppings. I used more sour cream along with some sliced olives and chopped fresh cilantro.
- NACHO CHEESE DORITOS
- COOKED CHICKEN
- MILD RO*TEL
- CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
- SOUR CREAM
- COOKED RICE
- TOPPINGS: DICED OLIVES, CHOPPED CILANTRO, AND SOUR CREAM
Cheesy Chicken Dorito Casserole
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 11 oz bag of nacho cheese Doritos, crushed
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 10 oz can mild Ro*Tel, undrained
- 1 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese divided
- cooked rice
- toppings: diced olives chopped cilantro, and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Ro*Tel, soup, milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread 1 3/4 cup of the crushed Doritos into the bottom of a 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/2 of the chicken mixture over the crushed Doritos and spread carefully to cover the Doritos. Top with remaining crushed Doritos, followed by the remaining chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with toppings. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl.