Today, I have created a quick and easy dinner recipe for you. This recipe only uses 5 ingredients plus the buns! I took a twist on sloppy joes when I came up with this recipe. I turned them into chili joes. You make a basic chili to place in between the buns.
It’s made by browning some ground beef and onion together. Then you mix in a can of Bush’s chili beans along with a little bbq sauce. Place this filling on the bun. Then top it with some diced onion and shredded cheese. I used cheddar cheese but feel free to use your favorite cheese.
These were a big hit with my family and my boys were asking if there was more for them to have. Some times the simplest recipes can be the best. Now if you have a pound of ground beef in your fridge and just don’t know what to do with it, give these chili joes a try.
- GROUND BEEF
- BUSH’S CHILI BEANS (I USED MILD)
- BBQ SAUCE
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- HAMBURGER BUNS
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small diced onion divided
- 1 15 oz can Bush's Chili Beans (I used mild)
- ¼ - ½ cup bbq sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 small hamburger buns
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with half of the diced onion. Cook until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add chili beans along with 1/4 cup bbq sauce to beef mixture. Stir to combine. If needed add additional bbq sauce to reach desired consistency. You want it thick enough to serve on buns.
- Serve mixture on top of buns topped with shredded cheese and the remaining diced onion. Serves 8.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.