I have a whole week of yummy breakfast recipes planned. They are great for any day, but may be especially helpful with Mother’s Day this Sunday! First up is cheesy baked eggs.
This is a great way to make eggs for a bigger crowd. And they are extra cheesy with 2 lbs. of cheese used to make this dish. Plus, it is so simple to make!
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 lb. or 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 lb. or 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (pepper jack would also be good or 1/2 lb monterey and 1/2 lb sharp cheddar)
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, beat, eggs, milk and sugar together.
- Add in cheeses and melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Add in flour and baking powder and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serves 8-12.
Recipe adapted from Homemade with Love.