When I made the easy cheese enchilada recipe I shared yesterday, I wanted to enjoy some refried beans. However, I wanted them to be more like the kind you get at Mexican Restaurants. So I did a google search for canned refried beans restaurant style. After some research, this recipe is what I settled on to turn those canned beans into those creamy restaurant style beans.
All you need is a little butter along with some sour cream. Just melt the butter in a sauce pan. Then, once you melt that, you can add in the refried beans. Stir the butter into the beans. Allow the beans to be heated through.
Once the beans are heated through, it’s time for the sour cream. Just mix in 1/4 cup sour cream. This adds the creaminess you need.
To serve, I love to add a spoon ful to the plate and top it wiith some shredded cheese. Now they are just like the refried beans you get at the reaturant. I love to eat mine with tortilla chips. My daughter loves to just eat them with a spoon!
- CANNED REFRIED BEANS
- SOUR CREAM
- OPTIONAL – CHEESE
Canned Refried Beans Restaurant Style
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- ¼ cup sour cream
- optional - cheese to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add in the can of refried beans and stir to combine. Once to combined, allow to heat through.
- Add in the sour cream and stir to combine. Cook until heated though. To serve, place a large spoonful of beans on the plate and sprinkle with cheese. Serves 4-6.
Recipe is adapted from Frugal Hausfrau.