I have been seeing candy corn inspired recipes everywhere lately and took that inspiration to do my own for Halloween dinner week. So, I thought it would be fun to do a layer Jell-O salad using those candy corn colors. I did my individual servings of Candy Corn Jell-O Salad in custard cups. However,you can always make it in a 9 x 9 baking dish too.
Not only does the salad have the fun layers but it tastes delicious. It begins with some island pineapple flavored Jell-O with some crushed pineapple mixed in. Next is a layer of orange Jell-O that you mix with some whipped cream to make a creamy orange layer. Then it is all topped off with whipped cream. So yummy and fruity – it could even pass for dessert.
I also have a great giveaway going on today with some detail’s about my recent trip to Montana. Be sure to check it out and enter!Print
- 1 (3 oz) pkg Island Pineapple Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drain and reserve juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (3 oz) pkg Orange Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- Combine the first 1 cup boiling water with the pkg of pineapple Jell-O. Stir until dissolved.
- In a liquid measure, add reserved pineapple juice. Add enough cold water to make 1/2 cup. Then add ice cubes to make 1 cup.
- Add the ice juice mixture to the pineapple Jell-O mixture and stir until ice is dissolved. If any small pieces of ice remain, remove.
- Add crushed pineapple to the mixture and place in a 9 x 9 square dish or divide between 8 custard cups.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, whip the whipping cream until firm peaks form. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until well blend. Place in refrigerator for later use.
- Combine the second 1 cup boiling water with the pkg of orange Jell-O. Stir until dissolved.
- In a liquid measure, measure 1/2 cup cold water. Then add ice cubes to make 1 cup.
- Add the ice juice mixture to the orange Jell-O mixture and stir until ice is dissolved. If any small pieces of ice remain, remove.
- Blend in 1/3 cup of the whipped cream until blended. Pour mixture on top of set pineapple layer of Jell-O and chill for 1 hour until set.
- Top Jell-O with remaining whipped cream and serve. Serves 8-9