I love waffles. They are one of my favorite breakfast foods. These Buttery Golden Buttermilk Waffles are a great recipe to add to in my collection. These would also be perfect to make for mom for breakfast on Mother’s Day.
These waffles are easy to make. The key ingredient to these recipes is buttermilk. The real deal is what makes the best waffle. Buttermilk substitutes just don’t give you the same results. However, if you are in a pinch it will work. The results just aren’t as good.
The other key ingredient to this recipe is butter. Melted butter is mixed into the batter. These waffles are lightly crispy on the outside and cake like on the inside. The reset of the ingredients are pretty basic – flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, eggs, and vanilla. There is no need to separate the eggs with this recipe.
Most of the time, I prefer to top my waffles with some kind of fruit and sweetened whipped cream. For the photo, I topped these buttery golden waffles with homemade fresh strawberry syrup.
- BAKING POWDER
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk (REAL buttermilk provides the best results)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
- Make a well in the center, and pour in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix together. Drizzle in the melted butter while mixing until combined without over-mixing.
- Allow the batter rest for two minutes. Use the amount of batter for each waffle as specified by your waffle maker. This will make 4-5 full waffle if using 1 cup of batter per waffle.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Sprinkle Some Sugar.