I love waffles and these Buttery Golden Buttermilk Waffles are a great recipe to have in my collection. These would also be perfect to make for mom for breakfast on Mother’s Day.
These waffles are easy to make. The key ingredient to these recipes is buttermilk. The real deal makes the best waflle. Buttermilk substitutes just don’t give you the same results.
The other key ingrient to this recipe is butter. Melted butter is mixed into the batter. These waffles are lightly crispy on the outside and cake like on the inside.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk (REAL buttermilk provides the best results)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk together.
- Make a well in the center, and pour in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix together. Drizzle in the melted butter while mixing until combined without over-mixing.
- Allow the batter rest for two minutes. Use the amount of batter for each waffle as specified by your waffle maker. This will make 4-5 full waffle if using 1 cup of batter per waffle.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American