Any meal that is made in one pan is always welcome in my book. This breakfast skillet dish combines breakfast favorites together to make one dish.
Hash browns and eggs come together along with ham, onions, peppers, and cheese. Just serve along with some toast or even the banana muffin recipe that I shared yesterday and you are set!
- 4 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 (30 oz) pkg frozen shredded hash browns
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp of the oil and add in onions and peppers. Cook until tender.
- Add in ham and cook until golden. Remove from pan to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add 2 Tbsp of oil to the skillet and add in the hash browns. Cook until light browned.
- Add hash browns to a plate and cover with foil.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to the skillet. Add in eggs and season with salt and pepper. Scramble until almost fully cooked. Add in cheese and cook until eggs are fully cooked and cheese is melted,
- Add in the cooked veggies and had browns to the skillet and gently cold together. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Onion Rings and Things.