Hashbrowns are a staple breakfast side. Sure you could just but a bag from the frozen food isle at the store, but these breakfast potatoes are so worth the extra effort to make.
I do love that they bake in the oven, so these potatoes can be cooking while I’m make other parts of my breakfast meal. I can just put them in the oven and not have to worry about them for 20 minutes.
The key item to have, if you want to make these often, is a food chopper. You can have the potatoes diced and ready to go in a jiffy. I also love to use my food chopper when making homemade pico de gallo.
If you still need a Mother’s Day gift, a food chopper is a good one! You can get one for under $20. You could take it even one step further and make her these potatoes using the food chopper for Mother’s Day!
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, rinsed and peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Line a large baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice potatoes in to 1/2 inch cubes. I use a food chopper to do this.
- In a large or gallon sized ziploc bag, add potatoes along with salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil. Toss to coat well. Spread evenly out on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Pare at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Then if desired you can stir and broil for a few minutes to make extra crispy.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.