After making the recipe I have for Curried Chicken Salad Waffle Sandwiches, I wanted to use the idea of cooking the biscuit in a waffle maker to make a breakfast sandwich. So I came up with these Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches . There are many options though on how to make this.
You can leave out the pepper and onion. I have done this at times since my family is opposed to them, but it is delicious with them. You could also use different veggies in place of the peppers and onions.
For the meat, I used some great pre-cooked sausage patties from Walmart. They look just like the sausage patties on an egg mcmuffin from McDonald’s. The beauty of the patties is you just put them in the microwave for 1 minute and then they are ready to eat. However, you can use what ever meat you want. You could also sprinkle 1/2 cup of some cooked sausage, bacon, or ham on the egg before you bake it.
The sandwiches are so filling. Sometimes we even share a sandwich sinch they are so filling.Print
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands! Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits (I used the buttermilk flaky layers)
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red or green pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 cooked sausage patties, or whatever meat you want
- Place butter, onion, and green pepper in a lightly greased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 425° for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients. Pour into hot onion/pepper mixture; sprinkle with cheese. You can also sprinkle you cooked 1/2 cup of cooked bacon, sausage, or ham at this point. Bake for 12 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, heat Belgian or regular waffle maker (to make 2 or 4 waffle sections at a time). Separate dough into 8 biscuits; press or roll each into 4-inch round. Depending on size of waffle maker, place 2 to 4 biscuit rounds at a time in hot waffle maker. Bake 2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes.
- When egg is done cooking, let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 4 squares. Serve on biscuits waffles with cooked sausage patties. Serves 4.