One favorite breakfast meal around my home is German Pancakes which is also known as a Dutch Baby. Since it is so well liked, I thought it would be a perfect addition to my Breakfast for Mom week. To make it extra special for mom, I added some lemon zest to the batter for a pop of freshness along with some frozen berries for sweetness. It just gives this berry dutch baby pancake a special touch.
- FROZEN TRIPLE BERRY MIX (OR FRESH IF YOU PREFER)
- POWDERED SUGAR AND SYRUP
Berry Dutch Baby Pancake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest of half a lemon
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup frozen triple berry mix or fresh if you prefer
- powdered sugar and syrup
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place the butter in a 10-12 inch oven proof skillet (I like cast iron) or a 7 x11 inch baking dish. Place pan in the oven to melt the butter while the oven preheats.
- In a blender combine the eggs, milk, salt, and vanilla. Blend until well blended.
- Add the flour to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove the skillet or pan from the oven. Make sure the butter is completely melted and pour the batter from the blender into the pan.
- Sprinkle with the frozen berries and bake until puffed and browned for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve with sprinkled powdered sugar or syrup.
Recipe adapted from Two Tarts.