I hope you all have a safe and Happy Halloween today! The weather here is starting to turn cold. Cold weather means comfort food time and today’s recipe fits that comfort category nicely. These pork chops get a nice breading and fried in a skillet. They then get moved to a baking dish, topped with a mixture to create a gravy and get finished in the oven.
Going from the skillet to the oven give the chops a tender breading which was a fun change from the regular crispy breading. To me, I thought of it like a pork variation of chicken Parmesan. This dish is paired perfectly with some creamy mashed potatoes.
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder and season salt.
- Place the beaten eggs in a small bowl.
- Place bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dredge the pork chops lightly in flour, followed by the egg, and then a coating of the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry the pork chops in the oil until crisp well browned.
- Transfer the chops to a 9×13 inch baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While baking, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- After the pork chops have baked for 30 minutes, remove from the oven and cover them with the soup mixture.
- Replace foil, and bake for another 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.