It wouldn’t be a Super Bowl party without some bacon right? Today’s recipe for a Bacon and Green Onion Cheese Ball won’t leave your guests asking “where’s the meat?” A cheeseball is usually a party pleaser and this one is extra yummy with the addition of BACON! I also love that this cheeseball gets a coating of parsley in stead of nuts. You can even forgo shaping this into a ball and coating it in parsley. Just place it in a bowl and you are set.
The original bacon and green onion cheese ball recipe made one large cheeseball but I made two smaller ones. It was easier to manage and you can always freshen the platter with the second one.
- LIGHT CREAM CHEESE
- LIGHT MAYONNAISE
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- BACON PIECES OR REAL BACON BITS
- GREEN ONION
- FLAT LEAF PARSLEY
Bacon and Green Onion Cheese Ball
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 8 oz. pkgs of light cream cheese
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cooked and crumbled bacon pieces or 1 3 oz pkg real bacon bits
- ¼ cup green onion diced
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- In a large bowl, blend together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese with an electric mixer. Beat until well blended.
- Mix in the bacon and green onion by hand.
- Lay out two long pieces of plastic wrap and sprinkle each sheet with 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Divide cheese mixture in half and place each half in the center of each sheet of plastic wrap.
- Gather the ends of the plastic wrap together and twist to form a tight ball. The ball with get a coating of the parsley as you do this.
- Repeat with other piece of plastic wrap creating the second ball.
- Chill for at least 3 hours. It tastes best if eaten with in 24 hours of making. Serve with crackers.
Recipe adapted from The Galley Gourmet.