Happy National Peanut Butter Day!!!! I do love peanut butter and have a special post for you all today to celebrate! I have seen recipes for Avalanche Bars floating around the internet for a while and have wanted to try them.
These are based off of a bar from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I don’t know how these compare because I have never tried one. Every time I have visited Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, I end up leaving with a caramel apple!
For me, these remind me of a Whatchamacallit candy bar but with marshmallow instead of caramel. I love the peanut butter chocolate coating surrounding the Rice Krispie cereal!
These really are best if eaten with in the first day or 2. Otherwise, the marshmallows start to get more chewy. These also are easy to make. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the bars to get cool enough to eat.
I am also teaming up with some other great bloggers once a month #celebratingfood with things just like National Peanut Butter Day. So for even more peanut butter goodness, check out the image along with links to more recipes at the bottom of this post!
- 12 oz white baking chocolate or white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips plus 1 Tbsp for top of bars
- Grease a 9 x9 inch pan or line with foil.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on high and stir. Then microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring after each time until chocolate is melted.
- Add the the peanut butter to the melted chips and stir until well blended.
- Fold in the Rice Krispies until well coated with the chocolate.
- Let cool for 10 minutes giving an occasional stir to help it cool down.
- Add the marshmallows and fold until well blended.
- Then add the 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and fold in just until even dispersed in the mixture.
- Pour mixture into the prepared 9 x 9 inch pan and spread evenly. Lightly press the mixture into the pan, you don’t want to compact it, just get it nice and even.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp of mini chocolate chips.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into squares. Makes 9-12 bars.
Recipe adapted from Love & Olive Oil.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes
- Copycat Jamba Juice Chocolate Peanut Butter Moo’d Smoothie from Tried and Tasty
- Peanut Butter Cup Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting from Cupcake Diaries
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip from Butter from Butter With A Side of Bread
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Ashlee Marie
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Energy Bites from Happy Food Healthy Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake from Creations by Kara
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzel Bars from Summer Scraps
- Peanut Butter “Cheese” Ball from Like Mother Like Daughter