Sometimes simple is better. That is what I have for you today, a simple dish for easy sausage alfredo that tastes fantastic.
Sausage is an awesome ingredient to use in recipes because it adds a lot of flavor with just that one ingredient. In this dish, I used smoked sausage with some Cajun seasoning. That is where most of the flavor comes from.
I also love that this meal is ready in 15 minutes and only uses 5 ingredients. To make it even heartier, you could always mix in some peas. Or even some tomatoes would be nice.
- 8 oz uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1 (16 oz) pkg fully cooked smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups cream
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley or green onion, optional for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the sausage to a large skillet and saute for 5 minutes until it gets brown.
- Add cream and Cajun seasoning to the skillet with the sausage. Bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan until melted and blended in.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with parsley or green onion if desired. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Sausage So Simple.