These Apple Smothered Pork Chops are another recipe that I found in one of my favorite cooking magazines, Simple and Delicious. I totally love the combination of apple and pork. They go so well together.
This recipe brings those flavors that I love together in a quick stove top meal. I did think that it sounded a little strange to put cinnamon on top of the stuffing mix. But let me tell you that it works so well in this dish. I am also not a big fan of packaged stuffing mixes, but I love it in this recipe. The apples in this also make it a nice fall dinner.
Apple Smothered Pork Chops
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 6 oz pkg chicken stuffing mix
- 4 boneless pork loin chops 6 ounces each
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 medium apples peeled and cut into wedges (I use granny smith)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon I just sprinkle enough to cover the dressing
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork chops in butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Stir in the apples, brown sugar, water and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Makes 4 servings.