I love french toast and this really is the most amazingly perfect french toast. When you want the perfect french toast for breakfast this is it.
This has sugar in the batter. It has more sugar in it than my usual french toast recipe. Also, there is a higher ratio of egg to milk than any other french toast recipe I have. Both of these things make help make this french toast amazing.
One other key ingredient that makes this wonderfully perfect french toast is flour. It helps give an added crispness to the french toast creating a almost light coating on each slice.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 loaf Texas toast of other thick slice bread
- butter, for cooking
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and flour together until smooth.
- Adding in the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon and whisk together until blended. Pour the batter in a shallow dish, such as a pie pan.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium high heat, around 350 degrees. Add a slice of Texas Toast to the pie plate and dip each side.
- Place on the hot griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until it is golden brown. Remove the french toast from the griddle and serve immediately, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. Serves 5-6.
This recipe is adapted from The Mommy Mouse Clubhouse.