I love the Sweet Cream Pancakes at a restaurant called The Black Bear Diner. Today, I am sharing a copy cat version of those pancakes with you today.
This pancake recipe is similar to most pancake recipes with the exception of the liquid used. They are made with whipping cream instaed of milk or buttermilk.
Be sure to stop back tomorrow for one last recipe of this week of breakfast recipes. I will be sharing the recipe for the blueberry syrup that is on top of these sweet cream pancakes in the photos.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- milk, for thinning the batter if desired
- In a bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and heavy cream.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together. THE BATTER WILL BE THICK because of the heavy cream. To thin the batter if desired, add a little milk.
- Preheat a griddle to 325 degrees. Place approximately 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle for each pancake. Spread the batter out with the back of a spoon to an even layer.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until little bubbles begin to appear. Flip pancakes over and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Makes about 12 pancakes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Mommy Mouse Clubhouse.