If I had to pick one for to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. I absolutely love it and there are so many ways you can make it. Since starting WW in January, I have been trying to find pizza options that are on the healthier low calorie side. These air fryer English muffin pizzas work. This version came in at 7 points for the Hawaiian version I made.
This crust is an English muffin. I opted for a regular muffin and not a wheat one. My family doesn’t care for the multi-grain or whole wheat versions. The version I found at my store was 4 points per muffin. So be sure the one you get at your store is no more than 4 points.
Next is the pizza sauce. I used a store bought pizza sauce that was 1 point for 1/4 cup of sauce.
I used this amount of sauce for 2 English muffin pizzas. Again, just double check the point value of the sauce you choose to use if you are watching your calorie intake.
For the cheese, it’s got to be mozzarella. It’s the essential cheese for pizza in my humble opinion. To keep this low on my Weight Watchers personal points, I used part skim mozzarella cheese.
For the toppings, I did a Hawaiian version.
The ham was the Kirkland brand ham. This ham is only 1 point for 1 slice. I have found that all canned pineapple, I have looked at is basically the same points per serving. If you like to use different toping that could change the point value so you will need to calculate it out. Any all veggie pizza would reduce the points and make it even better for you. I love mushroom, onions, and red peppers for an all veggie version.
Now, I made these in my air fryer. However, it isn’t a necessity. You can just bake then in a regular old standard oven. I have included that in the recipe notes if you need that option.
- FRANZ ENGLISH MUFFINS, EXTRA CRISP
- STORE-BOUGHT PIZZA SAUCE
- PART-SKIM SHREDDED MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- KIRKLAND SIGNATURE UNCURED EXTRA LEAN HAM
- CANNED PINEAPPLE TIDBITS IN JUICE
- 2 Franz English muffins, extra crisp
- 1/4 cup store-bought pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice Kirkland Signature uncured extra lean ham, cut into small squares
- 1/3 cup drained canned pineapple tidbits in juice
- Split the English Muffins in half so you have 4 English muffin halves.
- Place the English muffins split side up in the air fryer for 3 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from air fryer and top each with pizza sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple.
- Place back into the air fryer for 4 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 2 servings.
To cook in a regular oven, preheat oven to 375°. Toast muffins in the toaster before topping. On baking sheet, place pizzas. Bake 10 minutes at 375 degrees or until cheese is melted.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Ham
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
Recipe inspired from Keeping On Point.