This 7 layer taco dip is a bit different from your traditional 7 layer dip. However, it is equally delicious. You must give it a try.
There is no refried beans in this dip. Instead you use black beans, but it is not the base layer for the dip like the traditional version. The base is made with a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
Next you to it with layers of shredded cheese, black beans, corn, tomatoes, black olives, and finish with a layer of chopped cilantro or green onion. Then serve with you favorite tortilla chips.
Now, there is one change I will make to this 7 layer taco dip the next time I make it. I will use some pico de gallo in place of the diced tomato. I would love the extra flavor of the pico. Just make sure it is well drained before putting it on the dip.
- CREAM CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM
- TACO SEASONING
- COLBY JACK CHEESE
- CANNED BLACK BEANS
- FROZEN CORN
- DICED TOMATOES OR PICO DE GALLO
- BLACK OLIVES
- CILANTRO OR GREEN ONION FOR GARNISH
- TORTILLA CHIPS FOR SERVING
7 Layer Taco Dip
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes or pico de gallo well drained
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- cilantro or green onion for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
- In a bowl, blend the cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning until well combined. Spread the into the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese, and then layer the reamining ingredients as listed.
- Cover and chill from 1 hour before serving.
This recipe is adapted from Intsrupix.