This should be my last official zucchini post of 2010. I have made a zucchini blueberry bread before and loved it. So why wouldn’t I give a zucchini blueberry muffins a try. I found this recipe over at Good Stuff Maynard. The recipe also includes sour cream in the recipe. Between the zucchini, sour cream, and blueberries these little morsels are moist and delicious. They really are best if eaten the same day. Due to the extreme moistness of the muffins, if you eat them the following day the outside of the muffin tends to be a little gummy. The recipe only makes 12 so it should be fairly simple to get these yummy muffins eaten in one day.
I also baked these zucchini blueberry muffins in conjunction with Bake for the Cure. To find out more about it and enter a fun giveaway that I am doing along with this, visit my new giveaway page. I have added this page to allow those who want to just see the recipes to focus on that and those of you who want to see the giveaways can easily see whatever is going on. I also plan to offer more giveaways now that it will be separate from the recipes.
Zucchini Blueberry Muffins
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ½ cups zucchini about 1 medium zucchini grated, squeezed and drained
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Mazola canola oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Argo baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Spice Island Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Mix the zucchini, sugar, oil, sour cream and egg in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins. You could do 18 but I did 12.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.