Are you a caramel fan? Well, I definitely am and today is a day for all caramel lover’s because it is National Caramel Day! In honor of this magnificent day, I have a delicious new turtle cake recipe for you that includes caramel.
Also, I teamed up with the #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers to provide you 21+ other scrumptious caramel recipes. Be sure to check out all of the recipes below. There’s just something about that gooey buttery caramel flavor. It calls to me!
With the recipe I am sharing today, you start off with a regular boxed cake mix. However, with just a few extra ingredients, including caramel, you get this amazing turtle cake!
- 1 (around 15.2 oz) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (11 oz) bag caramel bits (found by the chocolate chips at the grocery store)
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour half of the cake batter into the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the caramel bits, evaporated milk and butter to a sauce pan. Cook slowly over low heat while stirring until melted and creamy.
- When the cake is done cooking pour this caramel mixture over the cooked cake followed by 1 cup of the nuts and the chocolate chips. Pour the remaining cake mixture over it and then sprinkle the remaining cup of nuts over the cake. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Allow cake to cool and serve. Serves 12.
Recipe from my mother-in-law.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Caramel Recipes (all pictured above)
Chocolate Dipped Caramel Marshmallows from Ashlee Marie
Coconut Chocolate Caramel Nests from Life Made Simple Bakes
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Baking with Blondie
Caramel Pretzel Brownies from The Baker Upstairs
Caramel Banana Bread from Yellow Bliss Road
Caramel Sauce from Creations by Kara
Chai Creme Brulee from Foodie with Family
Instant Pot Caramel Dipping Sauce (Dulce de Leche) from 365 Days of Crockpot
Smoky Salted Caramel Creme Brulee from Hey Grill Hey
Iced Caramel Macchiato from Gather for Bread
Vegan Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Namely Marly
More Caramel Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
Caramel Corn Pops
Apple Cookies with Salted Caramel Frosting
Hot Caramel Apple Drink
Quick Caramel Sauce plus 10 other caramel recipes
Peanut Butter Caramel Dip
Apple Turnovers with Caramel Icing
Microwave Caramel Popcorn
Oatmeal Chocolate and Caramel Bars
Chewy Caramel Popcorn Balls
Caramel Banana Topping (for Waffles)