Today, I have a healthy turkey fettuccine skillet recipe for you. I adapted it from one I found in an old issue of Light and Tasty. This recipe is only 361 calories for one cup which is much healthier than a regular fettuccine recipe. It wasn’t bad, but I must say I still prefer my favorite fettuccine recipe or the carbonara recipe made with cream cheese that I have shared before. I just make sure to eat it in moderation, only a few times a year. I must say nothing beats cream, butter, and cheese.
Really though if you want to be better and eat a healthier version this is worth trying. I recommend making this turkey fettuccine skillet with Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta. That pasta has the taste of regular but is full of fiber. My family doesn’t even know the difference.Print
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend (like Mrs. Dash)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast or chicken
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, saute the onion, celery and garlic in 1/4 cup water for 3 minutes in a large oven-proof skillet. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. If need, add a little more water to the pan while you cook the vegetables. The water eliminates the need for cooking in oil.
- Add the milk, seasoning blend and salt. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese just until melted.
- Stir in turkey. Drain fettuccine; add to turkey mixture. Heat through.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes on the middle rack or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve. Yield: 6 servings.