This is a quick and easy tropical pizza for you today. I wrote it down from a magazine I was looking at a doctors appointment, one of the many I get to go with my daughter to. Unfortunately, I didn’t jot down the source and couldn’t locate it online either. It is called a tropical pizza because it uses pineapple mango chipotle salsa as the sauce. It was a fun change and was easy to make. However, you really need to eat it when you make it because the salsa got a little juicy after being in the oven. If you eat this as leftovers, I am sure the crust would get soggy from the excess moisture.
I wanted to let you know that my site is gonna have a new look. The designer is going to be working on the site today so you may see some strange things occurring. Don’t be alarmed. The site is just under construction. I am so excited. I got to see a sneak peak and love it.
- LARGE BOBOLI® PIZZA CRUST
- PINEAPPLE MANGO CHIPOTLE SALSA (SUCH AS PACE® WHICH IS WHAT I USED)
- MONTERREY JACK CHEESE
- SWISS CHEESE
- GREEN PEPPER
- RED PEPPER
- RED ONION
- 1 large Boboli® pizza crust (14 oz.)
- 1 cup pineapple mango chipotle salsa (such as Pace® which is what I used)
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Spread 2/3 cup of the salsa over the crust. Sprinkle the cheeses over the salsa.
- Spoon remaining 1/3 cup salsa over cheese; scatter pepper and onion over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Allow to cool slightly. Cut into 8 slices.