Here’s a recipe for a rich triple chocolate cake that you make from scratch. It was given on a local news program on KUTV. It’s supposed to be a prize winning recipe.
One thing about this recipe is that you have to sift the dry ingredients. This is key for this cake recipe. You are suppose to top this with magic shell. I think you could drizzle it with what ever you want to. In the updated picture, I topped it with a chocolate ganache. I have added instructions for that if you prefer using that.
Or you could even forget the drizzle and just dust the cake with powdered sugar. Anything would be great.
Triple Chocolate Cake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping or chocolate ganache recipe below for drizzling over the cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan with bakers spray (you can also grease and flour your pan, but bakers spray will guarantee your cake comes out of the bundt pan).
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, sour cream, water and vanilla stir together and set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking soda together and add to the creamed mixture and stir in chocolate chips last. Sifting is key for this cake. If you don't have a sifter, you can just use a whisk and whisk the ingredients together. This is what I do.
- Spread into the bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Take out of oven and set on cooling rack, still in pan, let cake cool in its pan on rack at least 30 minutes.
- When cooled invert on to rack. Drizzle magic shell topping or ganache on cooled cake. Serves. 16.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 12 oz package semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips in the cream.Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Drizzle over cake ganache when the ganache cools enough to thicken to a nice drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bundt cake. You probably won't need all the ganache for the cake. Lettovers work perfectly as a dip for fruit.