Next time you make banana bread, give this top secret banana bread recipe a try. There are two secrets to this bread that makes it amazing.
This first secret is to mix the baking soda into the sour cream. This step makes the moistest banana bread. The second secret is it includes not only vanilla extract, but also almond extract. It’s an ingredient thta isn’t something you can notice in the bread. You just know there is something in there that makes it awesome.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas, about 3
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour one 9-inch loaf pan (or 3 small ones).
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the flour and salt. Blend to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda with the sour cream; stir well. Mix in the bananas, vanilla and almond extracts, and walnuts with the sour cream and stir well.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the sugar mixture; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan. It should be 2/3 full. Bake for at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- All to ool for 10 minutes and then turn the loaf out onto a rack and allow to cool completely. Makes 1 loaf.
Recipe is adapted from the Reluctant Entertainer.