Besides meat, potatoes is one of my favorite things to cook on the grill. There is just something about cooking them on the grill. It gives them added flavor.
Today, I have a tasty way to grill up some potatoes. The recipe for three cheese grilled potatoes calls for 3 cheeses – parmesan, mozzarella, and cheddar. When I made these I didn’t have any cheddar on hand so I used Monterey jack. Of course, these were a hit with my meat and potatoes family! I mean they had bacon and cheese, how could I lose?
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp minced chives
- 1/2 tsp season salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- On a 18 inch square of aluminum foil, spray center with cooking spray. The place potatoes, onion, parmesan, chives, salt, and pepper in the center of the foil.
- Place squares of butter all over the potatoes. Wrap foil around potatoes, tightly. The wrap with another 18 inch piece of heavy duty foil.
- Place on a grill that has been preheated to medium. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Then turn packet and cook for another 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Carefully open packet and top with bacon, mozzarella, and cheddar. Place back on the grill for a few minutes until cheese is melted and serve. Serves 4-6.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.