This post may contain affiliate links.
Today’s recipe for Sweet Orange and Toasted Almond Coffee Cake also come from the 2013 Pillsbury Bake-Off that I was able to attend. This recipe was created by Bee Engelhart and uses my one of my family’s favorites – the Pillsbury Orange Flavor Sweet Rolls with Icing.
The flavor of this recipe doesn’t stray too far from what you get with the sweet rolls by them selves, but changes the way it is served and adds the additional flavor of almond. I personally love the combination of orange with almond.
Part of what makes this dish is cooking in in a long rectangular tart pan. However, if you don’t have one a 9 inch round cake pan will work in it’s place.
Sweet Orange and Toasted Almond Coffee Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×4 1/2-inch rectangular tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch round cake pan with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. If using tart pan, place 15×10-inch pan with sides on middle oven rack.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Reserve icing. Press rolls in bottom of pan. Drop marmalade by teaspoonfuls evenly over dough.
- In medium bowl, mix flour and sugar. With pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through mixture in opposite directions), cut in almond paste and butter until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Place tart pan in oven on pan with sides. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave icing on High 10 to 15 seconds; stir. Immediately drizzle over coffee cake; sprinkle with nuts. Cool 20 minutes. Serves 8.
Recipe from Pillsbury.
[…] Pumpkin Coffee Cake Bright and Sunny Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Easy Blueberry Coffee Cake Sweet Orange and Toasted Almond Coffee Cake Caramelized Peach Upside Down Coffee Cake Coffee Cake in a Mug Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake Mini […]