This post may contain affiliate links.
A quicker way to enjoy meatloaf is making them into meatballs. That is exactly what this recipe for sweet bbq meatloaf meatballs does.
You shape a simple meat loaf mixture in to meatballs and baked in the oven on a baking sheet. Then you top them with a simple but sweet meatloaf sauce and cook for just a few more minutes to make them nice and saucy. The sweet bbq meatloaf meatballs are ready to enjoy in 30 minutes. That’s like half the time of a regular meatloaf. Plus, the kids enjoy the meatball shape much more than the traditional slices.
The meatloaf mixture is a combination of ground beef, onion, saltine crackers, eggs, honey, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. I shape them into the meatball shape by using a cookie scoop.
Once shape you place them on a foil lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray. This will help the meatballs to not stick to the foil once they are baked. They bake for 25 minutes.
In the meantime, you mix together some ketchup, bbq sauce, and brown sugar together for the sauce. I told you it’s a SWEET sauce! Once the meatballs are cooked spoon a little of this sauce on top of each meatball. Place them back in the oven for another five minutes or so until the sauce is nice and sticky on those meatballs. Be careful to not cook them too long or the sauce can burn. There is a lot of sugar in there! You will end up with 48 little bites of meatloaf for your family to enjoy.
- SALTINE CRACKERS
- GROUND BEEF
- SALT AND PEPPER
- HONEY MUSTARD
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- BBQ SAUCE (I USE SWEET BABY RAYS)
- BROWN SUGAR
Sweet BBQ Meatloaf Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Now for the onion, I finely chop mine in my mini food processor. In a large bowl, combine the onion, cracker crumbs, ground beef, eggs, salt and pepper, honey mustard, 1/2 cup ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Line 2 large sheets with foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. Roll the mixture into 2 inch balls. I use my cookie scoop to portion them out and roll them in my hands to even them out.
- Bake them in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Once the meatballs have cooked drizzle about 2 teaspoons of sauce over each one. Pop them back in the oven for 5 minutes or so to allow the sauce to heat through and get caramelized on the meatballs. Makes 48-56 meatballs.