This post may contain affiliate links.
My mom made this easy streusel coffee cake recipe for me when I was growing up all the time. I was a treat because we only had it a few times a year. The recipe came from off a box of Bisquick. It’s delicious and simple.
The batter is made by mixing some Bisquick mix along with some milk, egg, and sugar. Then spread the batter into a greased round 9 inch cake pan. Now comes in the the sweet and sugary cinnamon streusel.
The streusel topping is made with some of the Bisquick mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. One tip I have, is when making the streusel topping, is to use a cheese grater and grate the butter into the mixture. I just grate a little and then mix a little. I do this until it’s all combined. Sprinkle the streusel mix evenly over the cake batter. Then bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to make sure it is cooked enough.
- ORIGINAL BISQUICK MIX
- BROWN SUGAR
- GROUND CINNAMON
- BUTTER OR MARGARINE
- MILK OR WATER
Streusel Coffee Cake
- 1/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. In small bowl, stir streusel ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 425°F. Use 9-inch square pan. Stir 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the 2 cups Bisquick mix. Increase milk to 3/4 cup. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Serves 8-10
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.
[…] Maple Glazed Pumpkin Coffee Cake Bright and Sunny Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Easy Blueberry Coffee Cake Sweet Orange and Toasted Almond Coffee Cake Caramelized Peach Upside Down Coffee Cake Coffee Cake in a Mug Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake Mini Blueberry Coffee Cakes Streusel Coffee Cake […]
[…] the streusel topping on this makes it AMAZING! I knew I would love this because we love streusel coffee cake and pancakes! This is going to be one of my go-to french toast bakes from now […]
I used to make this all the time when I was a teenager. Lost the recipe and was never able to find it until today. THANK YOU! I can’t wait to make it for my grandkids.
I font this website when i was searching about who i lose weight fast
and realy it look good website and profational , good job and grad info
super yummy & fast made it for my kiddos for breakfast this morning they loved it!
I love the grated butter idea. I’ll have to try that.