My mom made this recipe for me when I was growing up all the time. It came from off a box of Bisquick. It’s delicious and simple. One tip I have, is when making the streusel topping, use a cheese grater and grate the butter into the mixture. I just grate a little and then mix a little. I do this until it’s all combined.
- Cinnamon Streusel:
- 1/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons firm butter or margarine
- Coffee Cake
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. In small bowl, stir streusel ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 425°F. Use 9-inch square pan. Stir 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the 2 cups Bisquick mix. Increase milk to 3/4 cup. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Serves 8-10
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.