The winner of the Nestle Mother’s Day Family Night Gift Pack is Jenny who said “I love anything my kids make for me. And I enjoy buying myself a new skirt or dress for a Mother’s Day present too.” Enjoy Jenny! It was so fun to hear about all your favorite gifts.
Today’s recipe is another great way to enjoy the fresh strawberries that are in season and also celebrate Cinco de Mayo. You stack tortillas that are spread with a yummy cream cheese mixture. I saw the recipe the other day on Studio 5 by Becky Low. It is delicious and looks fantastic. I do think next time I will make half the amount of the cream cheese mixture and use half the tortillas making the stack half as tall. It looks pretty with all the layers but it was a little hard to eat. If you want to go for all the layers then I recommend giving everyone a knife with their dessert to help cut it up to eat it.
Here is a list of other great recipes that you could use for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. I have a ton of great Mexican recipes you can find under my Mexican category but these are some of my favorites.
Crock pot Refried Beans
Santa Fe Lime Rice
Black Bean and Pineapple Salsa
Super Fast Blender Salsa
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Pico de Gallo
Crock pot Creamy Southwestern Chicken Nachos
Costa Vida Chicken
Citrus Pulled Pork Tacos
Chile Lime Chicken Tostadas
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
Pineapple and Green Chile Pork Tacos
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
- 3 cups hulled and sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 packages (8-oz each) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 10 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Hull and slice strawberries; toss with the 1/2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly butter bottom and sides of 10-inch spring form pan.
- Mix together 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar; set aside.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, orange peel, juice,and brown sugar. Evenly divide and spread on one side of 9 tortillas. Stack tortillas in a 10-inch spring form pan. Place final tortilla on top stack; brush top with melted butter; sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan and slide quesadilla onto cutting board. Cut into 6-8 wedges. Serve warm with sliced strawberries.