Every year, you can be find me making strawberry freezer jam in May and August. My family devours the stuff and those months are usually peak times for strawberries and you can get them for a great price. This year I found a new product for making jam and decided to give it a try. They call it strawberry Jam In A Jiffy and is a low sugar freezer jam mix that requires no cooking. It is even ready in 5 minutes. I figured it was worth a try.
The jam is so simple to make. You just prepare the fruit, add the mix, stir, let it sit for 1 minute and you’re done. Pretty amazing! It worked like a charm and produced a fabulous jam. Part of the reason I love freezer jam is for it’s fresh fruit flavor. Let me tell you that with this mix, the jam tasted even fresher than my normal freezer jam. It tasted just like fresh berries. It’s delicious. And anyone can make this jam, it is so easy!
I found the Jam In A Jiffy in the canning section of my local Macey’s grocery store for $4.99, but it is also available online at cornabys.com. From what I can tell from looking at their site the jam mix is also gluten free.Print
- 2–3 lbs. of fresh strawberries
- 1 pkg of Jam In A Jiffy from a 36 oz 2 pack
- Wash strawberries and drain. Remove green tops from the berries.
- Place berries in a food processor or blender and pulse until berries are chopped. You don’t want it pureed, you want little bits of fruit.
- Place berries in a large bowl and add the package of Jam In A Jiffy. Stir for 1 minute, until well combined and shiny.
- Let mixture sit for 1 minute. Stir again and pour jam into prepared containers. Freeze jam for up to 1 year or refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Makes 6 cups.
Disclosure: I was not compensated in anyway for this post. I found Jam In A Jiffy on my own and decided to give it a try.