Today, I have a hearty man pleasing soup for you. This soup includes steak. Yep, that’s right – Steak Soup. This soup not only has nice chunks of steak in it, but it is also full of veggies and is surrounded by a rich beef/tomato base. Also, this one will definitely fill your belly! Really, it could almost be called a stew. I like to pair it with some bread and you have dinner!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs. top sirloin steak, cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 1/2 C carrots, diced
- 1 C celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cup potato, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- In a stock pot, melt butter in pan and add oil. Add in steak and cook over medium heat until meat is browned, but does not need to be cooked all the way through.
- Sprinkle flour, paprika, salt, and pepper over browned meat and stir to coat.
- Now add the beef broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, onions, parsley, oregano, and marjoram.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until meat is tender, around 30-45 minutes.
- Now add the tomato paste, brown sugar, corn, carrots, celery, and potatoes to the pot and simmer for another 15-20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Your Home Based Mom.