I got this recipe for Southwest Egg Puff after going to a shower. They served this as part of a brunch and it was delicious. I was really surprised at what the recipe consisted of.
Also, it is really yummy because it is different than your normal run of the mill eggs. The green chilis are what really make this dish.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cups cottage cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in the cheeses and chilies.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 12.