This post may contain affiliate links.
Tonight for dessert, I decided to try a recipe for Apple Dumplings that I found on The Pioneer Woman. I figured it couldn’t be too bad if it uses crescent rolls and butter. Good thing I only made a half recipe or we would have eaten the whole pan.
The one odd ingredient, which seems to be the secret, is Mountain Dew. When the Pioneer Woman made this, she used a baby can of Mountain Dew which is 8 oz. I bought a whole two liter because it was on sale for $1, then I used 1/2 cup or 4 oz. to do half a recipe. Now my husband will have the rest of the two liter to drink, since me and the kids don’t drink soda with caffeine in it.
I also used a cameo apple, because that’s what I had. I think this would work with any baking apple. This recipe was absolutely delicious. It’s going to be added to my tried and true file and shocking simple file. It was way to easy to make this sinful dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each.
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauce from the pan over the top. Serves 8.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in September 2016.
[…] am finally getting around to blogging about this wonderful cake. After making those outrageous apple dumplings, I came across this recipe for Mountain Dew Cake at another blog called Patti’s Pantry. I […]
I’m not a fan of Mt. Dew so I tried Original Citrus Fresca. It was great! A bonus is that Fresca has fewer calories than Mt. Dew and you don’t get the caffeine.
That looks yummy!! I love Mt Dew!! I remember making something similar to this in Home Ec. This is what dessert will be at my house tomorrow!!
I gave you an award over on my blog. Come and get it!!