It’s fudge week on RMK. Yes, I know that I usually begin a theme week on a Monday. However, I ended up with 6 recipes and needed an extra day. I know what a predicament to be in, too many fudge recipes. Now, I could have done the fudge into the following Saturday. But hey, the recipes were too yummy to wait beginning with this s’mores fudge.
We are starting off the week with a yummy s’mores fudge made with Nestle Milk Chocolate Morsels. When I was doing s’mores week this last Summer, I was inspired to make a smore’s fudge. Which then inspired me to plan this whole week of fudge for the holiday’s. I took my favorite Rocky Road Fudge and just adapted it to make a s’mores version. My hubby really loved this one. I can’t wait to share all the other yummy recipes. So stay tuned and don’t fear the fudge. If making fudge is scary to you, no worries. I have a variety of ways to make them and there are two recipes that ANYONE can make.
I also wanted to let you know that Nestle has a fun contest going on. When you get together and Bake Some Love™ this holiday season, you could win some great prizes with the main prize being $5,000! Just create a Holiday treat using Nestle Toll House Morsels or Nestle Toll House refrigerated cookie dough. I also created another recipe in addition to this one if you didn’t have a change to see it – Peppermint Swirl Cookies.
To enter your own recipe, just pop on over to the Nestle facebook page. You have until 12/8/11 at 11:00 p.m. ET to enter!
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ 12.5 oz pkg Keebler Deluxe Grahams, chopped
- 4 C sugar
- 1 ½ C evaporated milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 12 oz pkg. Nestle milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place miniature marshmallows and chopped grahams on a cookie sheet and freeze. You want to give them a couple of hours in the freezer. This will prevent the marshmallows and chocolate coating on the grahams from melting in the fudge.
- In a large pot, combine the sugar, milk and the 20 large marshmallows. Bring to a boil and boil for 6 minutes, stirring constantly. (Don’t be alarmed by the brown bits that will appear while cooking the mixture.)
- Remove from heat and mix in the chocolate chips and butter. Stir until thick.
- Then let the mixture sit to thicken more and cool slightly.
- Mix in the vanilla then fold in the frozen marshmallows and chopped grahams. Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan and allow to set.
Recipe adapted from Rocky Road Fudge recipe.
Disclosure: I was compensated for the creation of this recipe and post.