This post contains affiliate links.
Well, I’m recovering from the big holiday weekend and figured a nice and easy crock pot recipe would be the perfect thing to post. This Smoked Sausage and Potatoes is one that I recently tried out and have loved.
It is so easy to make and is so tasty to eat too. This dish uses smoked sausage which is nice because no cooking is required. You could also easily substitute the sausage for ham too!
Lastly, the sausage gets surrounded by potatoes is a creamy cheesy sauce. It’s like a nice dinner like you would make over the campfire in a dutch oven, but no fire needed. All you need is your handy, dandy slow cooker!
Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 (32 oz) bag hash browns, defrosted (the cubed kind, not the shredded)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. smoked sausage, cut into half circles
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of milk (use the can from the soup to measure)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a crock pot and cover.
- Cook on high for 3 hours and serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Lauren’s Latest.
[…] soup reminds me of a sausage and potato dish that my family loves and to have those flavors in a tasty creamy soup is […]
[…] Smoked Sausage and Potatoes […]