Teriyaki is just one of those flavors that is always a hit with the family, plus it’s simple to make.
Serve the chicken over rice and you could even add in some steamed vegetables too. So easy to make and a family favorite.
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cider or rice vinegar
- 1 mince clove of garlic
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- pepper to taste
- 2–3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2–3 Tbsp water
- hot rice for serving
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and place on a platter and cover with foil.
- Place all of the cooking juice from the crock pot in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water together. Add mixture to the cooking juices. Return to a boil and cook until thick.
- Cut chicken into slices and serve over rice along with the sauce. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious.