Today, is the last day of my new gifts from the kitchen recipes. I have some Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds for you. However, be sure to stop by tomorrow because I have put together a collection of 75 gifts from the kitchen all in one post.
Today’s recipe is really easy to make, it just takes time. You want to be around for 3 hours to stir the cinnamon almonds every 15 minutes. It works great when you are home for the evening or already working in the kitchen. The bonus is your house will smell amazing! They have a company that sells them at my local movie theater and I love the smell every time I go there.
To package them, I like to put them in a cone shape just like the cinnamon almond vendors do. You can sometimes find cellophane cones with the Christmas packaging at stores, but you can always use disposable decorating bags (used for frosting).
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb. or 3 cups whole almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- Spray a slow cooker (at least 4 quart in size) with non-stick spray and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together until well blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until mixture becomes frothy. Add almonds and mix until coated.
- Pour almonds into the slow cooker. Then add the cinnamon sugar mixture to the slow cooker. Stir until the almonds are well blended with the sugar mixture.
- Cook on low for 3 hours stirring every 15 minutes. During the last hour mix in the 1/4 cup water.
- Spread the cooked almonds on to the lined baking sheet to cool. Allow to cool for 1 hour and them break up the almonds. There would be excess sugar left. Makes 3 cups.