I decided to have a theme week this week. It help you all stay warm and cozy. I decided to have a hot drink week. First up is a tasty hot chocolate that has double the chocolate. This Slow Cooked Double Hot Chocolate begins with chocolate milk (I personally like TruMoo) and some regular milk.
Then, you melt in some semi-sweet chocolate chips! It is super chocolatey for all of those chocolate lovers. Don’t forget the can of sweetened condensed milk. That makes it perfectly sweet and creamy.
I also mixed in a jar of marshmallow cream. Then there is no need to top with marshmallows, unless you want it to be double marshmallow too! I totally did it! However, this ingredient is completely optional.
Even better is it all cooks in the slow cooker for a few hours. It’s as easy and placing all the ingredients into the slow cooker. You cook it on low for 2-3 hours. Just be sure to give the this slow cooked double hot chocolate an occasional stir! It can cook in the slow cooker while you cook breakfast.
- CHOCOLATE MILK
- REGULAR MILK
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- MARSHMALLOW CREAM OR FLUFF, OPTIONAL
Slow Cooked Double Hot Chocolate
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 cups chocolate milk
- 1 cup regular milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 7 oz container marshmallow cream or fluff, optional
- Add all of the above ingredients to your slow cooker and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl.