Usually when you make ziti, it is finished off by baking it in the oven. This can sometimes result in a dry dish, so I am very particular about the ziti dishes I make. I don’t like a dry ziti. There is no baking with this Skillet Beef Ziti dish.
You don’t end up with a dry pasta meal with this recipe. Also, since no baking is required, it means this dish comes together faster. One other benefit to this recipe is that it is all make in one skillet. It’s fast to make, it tastes delicious, and you have an easy clean up making this a definite mush have recipe!
Skillet Beef Ziti
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper completely optional but adds to the dish without making it hot
- 2 ½ cup ziti pasta
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella divided
- ¼ cup grated parmesan divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley completely optional to garnish
- In a large skillet, brown beef over heat until fully cooked and drain off any excess grease. Add in garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Mix in the marinara, water, Italian seasoning, and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Then mix in the pasta and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from the heat add in the sour cream, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses and cover for about 5 minutes until the cheese is all melted. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Add a Pinch.