There is no need for a box mix when you have this recipe for simple perfect homemade waffles.
You don’t need anything fancy to make these simple perfect homemade waffles. They can also be made in one bowl. No separating of eggs or whipping egg whites needed here. When homemade waffles are this easy there is no reason not to make them.
They begin by whisking together some flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Next, make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Then add in eggs to the well. Beat them with a fork in the well to break them up. Then add in the canola oil and milk. If you have buttermilk on hand you can use it in place of the milk. However, good old regular milk works great for this recipe. Whisk the batter together just until everything is moistened. Some lumps in the batter are just fine.
To make these waffles festive, I made them in my Micky Mouse waffle maker. Then I made a Santa hat for each waffle by making a hat shape out of fresh raspberries. Then I piped on some whipped cream.
If you don’t have a fun shaped Mickey Mouse waffle iron, you can achieve the same idea using a round waffle maker. You do the same thing to make the hat. Then you can make a face on the round waffle. Make eyes using whipped cream and chocolate chips or blueberries in the center of each eye. Use a raspberry for the nose. Then make a whipped cream beard. Either way can make a regular old waffle fun and festive for Christmas.
- BAKING POWDER
- CANOLA OIL
- MILK (OR YOU CAN USE BUTTERMILK)
Simple Perfect Homemade Waffles
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs
- 7 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 ½ cups milk you can use buttermilk
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle. Add the eggs into the well and beat lightly with a fork. Add the oil and milk. Whisk together just until moistened (Some lumps are ok.)
- Preheat your waffle iron. While it preheats it will allow your waffle batter for rest for a couple of minutes before using.
- Cook the waffles according to the instructions for your waffle maker. I was able to get 6 Mickey waffles.