One of my family’s favorite soups is creamy chicken noodle. They love regular chicken noodle too, but always prefer it to be made with a creamy base instead of a broth base.
Since that is one of their favorite soups, I wanted to have an instant pot version that I can make. I always wanted it to be super simple to make. The use of rotisserie chicken and frozen vegetables were ingredients that I used to make it easy to put this Simple Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup together.
Now I have a super simple way of making a soup that my family loves using my instant pot! They all loved and it will be a nice go to recipe through soup season.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (12 oz) bag rotini noodles
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cubed
- Add the broth, chicken, noodles, frozen vegetables, and seasonings to the instant pot. Stir to combine and make sure pasta is down in the broth.
- Place lid on and cook on manual for 10 minutes. Then do a manual release. If white stuff start to come out to the release button. Close and give a minute and reopen. You may need to do this a couple of times.
- Remove lid and mix in half and half and cream cheese. Stir together and let sit on warm for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until cream cheese is melted. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from From Val’s Kitchen.