I love waking up to the smell of something tasty cooking in the morning. Today’s recipe for a Simple Breakfast Bake is an easy one to put together and have your family wake up to.
This would be a great way to start the day on Christmas. The green and red pepper in it make it look nice and festive for Christmas. You could also brown the sausage up the time before to safe on prep time in the morning. Just be sure to have your potatoes thawed before putting this together.
Simple Breakfast Bake
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb breakfast sausage I used sage sausage
- 1 28 oz bage frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley or diced green onion optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the sausage until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Then add the potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of cheese to the sausage and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk along with the desired amount of salt and pepper. Then add in the potato mixture with the eggs.Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving and serve with parsley or diced green onion to garnish. Serves 8-12.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven.