SMARTFOOD® popcorn and the holidays go hand-in-hand. Add a little sweetness to the season with a fun SMARTFOOD popcorn project that’s delicious, too!
I love to snack on SMARTFOOD popcorn when I’m getting things ready and putting decorations around the house. But this year, I also started to play around with fun decorations that I can make with SMARTFOOD popcorn, too.
I was given Frito-Lay “Season’s Sweetings” #SmartfoodDIY Challenge to get crafty with the SMARTFOOD brand’s two holiday flavors –SMARTFOOD® Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn and SMARTFOOD® Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn. Not only are they delicious, but you can also get creative and make tons of holiday-themed decorations with them around the house! I must admit though of the two flavors my favorite is SMARTFOOD Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn!
I decided to make these easy reindeer popcorn bags. Not only do they make a cute decoration, but they also make a cute gift. You could use them to decorate for a party, and then also send them home as a favor for your guests! It’s also a great item to get the kids involved with making.
This is what you will need to make 1 Reindeer Decoration/Gift popcorn bag:
- Large wiggly eyes
- Red pom poms
- 2 5.5 x 8.5 sheets of brown foam sheets of cardstock
- 1 brown paper lunch sack
- Large plastic bag to place popcorn in (optional)
- Glue (I just used a glue stick)
- A bag of SMARTFOOD Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn or SMARTFOOD Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn
- Red ribbon, optional
How to make the Reindeer Decoration/Gift popcorn bag:
- All you need to do is glue the pom pom along the natural fold you can see at the bottom 1/3 of the paper sack. Glue the pom pom right in the center of that fold.
- Then, glue the wiggly eyes above the pom pom nose. Allow the glue to set on the eyes and pom pom nose.
- Trace your child’s hands on the foam sheets or card stock with the maker. Use scissors to cut out the hand prints to make the reindeer’s antlers.
- Once the glue is dried, fill the bag about 2/3 of the way with the SMARTFOOD Cinnamon Brown Sugar Popcorn or SMARTFOOD Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn. You may want to place the popcorn in a large plastic bag before placing it in the paper sack to avoid a freckled looking reindeer like mine.
- Make a 1 inch fold over at the top of the bag. Make one more 1 inch fold, then staple the cut out hand prints onto the fold at the top of the bag creating the reindeers antlers. At this point you can also glue or tape the red ribbon tied in a bow if you want a girl reindeer.
This season, let’s see how many popcorn craftivities you can create. From centerpieces to wreaths to garlands – ornaments to snowmen to decorative treats…the question is, what CAN’T you make with SMARTFOOD popcorn?
Now through December 20th, simply share a photo of your #SmartfoodDIY holiday creations on either Twitter or Instagram. Be sure to use the #SmartfoodDIY and #RealMomEntry and we could both win a $250 gift card (See official rules at www.fritolay.com)– just a little extra sweetness for the holidays! Doesn’t that sound fabulous! When you win – we both win! The more the merrier!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Frito-Lay in conjunction with their “Season’s Sweetings” #SmartfoodDIY Challenge. I was compensated for my time, craft, and photos; but as always, all opinions are my own.