I have an easy-to-please simple beef and noodles recipe for you today. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover gravy if you have some. If you don’t have any, you can just mix some up from a dry gravy mix. That is what I usually do. You can have this dish ready to go in about 20 minutes. Dinner could not be easier!
Start this simple beef and noodles by cooking a pound of ground beef in a skillet and drain off any excess grease. Then you mix in a can of condensed French onion soup along with some gravy and mushrooms. Bring mixture to a boil, and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Next you are going to mix some cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the beef mixture while stirring. Bring the mixture back up to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes until thickened. Then serve the mixture over cooked noodles and garnish with green onion.
- GROUND BEEF
- CONDENSED FRENCH ONION SOUP (I USED CAMPBELLS)
- PREPARED BEEF GRAVY
- CANNED MUSHROOMS
- EGG NOODLES
- GREEN ONION
Simple Beef and Noodles
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can condensed French Onion soup I used Campbells
- ½ cup prepared beef gravy
- 1 4 oz can mushrooms, drained
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- hot cooked egg noddles
- diced green onion for garnish
- In a skillet, brown beef until no loger pink and drain off any excess grease.
- Mix in French onion soup, gravy, and mushrooms. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Slowly add to the beef mixture while stirring.
- Bring mixture back up to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes until thickened. Serve over cooked noodles and garnish with green onion. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.