This savory chicken pasta salad makes a great summer meal! Pasta salad is nice and cool in comparison with a bowl of steaming pasta with sauce. Most chicken pasta salad recipes I have include fruit and more of a sweet flavored dressing.
This version is more savory and includes celery, hard boiled egg and red onion. The dressing is simple and mayonnaise, cream, parsley, salt, and pepper. If you have a rotisserie chicken or some leftover grilled chicken, this salad is super easy to make. If you plan ahead, you can have grilled chicken earlier in the week and grill two extra chicken breast to use later in the week for this salad.
Since this salad is so savory, it pairs perfectly with some fresh fruit and a roll of bread. I happen to find some loaves of Cheesecake Factory wheat bread at my local Costco to serve up along with this salad.
- 1/8 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked
- 2 chicken breast (boneless skinless), cooked and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 eggs hard boiled, diced
- 1/8 cup red onion, finely diced
- In a bowl, whisk parsley, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper together. Set aside.
- Add pasta, chicken, celery, egg, and onion to a large bowl. Toss together.
- If serving immediately, pour the dressing mix over the pasta. If serving later, keep dressing and salad separate in the fridge. Add dressing and toss just before serving. Serves 8 as a main dish.
- Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed.