I think dad would love to wake up to this sausage, egg, and cream cheese breakfast bake on father’s day. It would also work well to pair it with the refrigerator bran muffin recipe that I shared with you yesterday,
This recipe has 3 main components that are part of a delicious breakfast. You have sausage, eggs, and hash browns in this casserole. There is also sharp cheddar cheese in these along with cream cheese too. The cheddar cheese is found in the middle and on top of the casserole. The cream cheese is mixed into the hash brown layer. It add little pockets of creamy tartness to this breakfast bake.
- 1/2 of a 30 oz bag shredded hash browns, thawed
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut in 1/2″ cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb sausage
- 8 oz or 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook sausage until fully cooked and drain off any excess grease.
- In a bowl, combine the hash browns, salt, and pepper together. Add in the cream cheese and gently mix in until evenly distributed throughout the hash browns.
- Spread the hash browns into the bottom of the prepared 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the cooked sausage over the hash browns followed by half (4 oz) of the cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, place the flour in the bowl and slowly add milk while whisking to keep the mixture smooth until all milk is added. Add the eggs into the mixture and whisk until smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the cheese in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from The Pinning Mama.