Sandwiches, like this salami and cream cheese sandwich, are great for lunch or dinner. They are the perfect tag along item in the summer when you are out enjoying the summer season. Take them on a picnic, on a hike, or out on a boat.
This sandwich is simple with bread, lettuce, salami, and a cream cheese spread. That creamy flavorful cream cheese spread is what really makes this sandwich. Softened cream cheese is mixed with green onion, fresh dill, and garlic. This is the flavor punch that makes these simple ingredients amazing.
You also need to be sure that you use a good hearty bread to to make this sandwich with. A sourdough is a great option or any other artisan type bread. I used ciabatta rolls when I made these.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 8 slices of a hearty sandwich bread like sourdough or 4 similar rolls, sliced in half
- 8–10 oz genoa salami
- 4 large leaves of green lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onions, dill, and garlic. Mix together until well combined.
- Spread about 1-2 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on one side of each bread slice or on the cut side of the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top half of the slices of bread with lettuce followed by 6-8 pieces of salami, or to taste.
- Place the other slices of bread or top half of the rolls on the sandwiches. Makes 4 sandwiches.
This recipe is adapted from Natasha’s Kitchen.