Ya gotta love a good cookie recipe and I have one that is good but also unique. I’m pretty sure most of you haven’t heard of Rocky Mountain Cookies.
These cookies have more of a crispy exterior with a chewy inside. If you have ever had a ranger cookie before, this cookie is similar. In addition to chocolate chips, this cookie has oats and Rice Krispie cereal mixed into the dough. Both of these ingredients give the cookie it’s chewy interior.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
- 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars with the butter together until creamed together. Then blend in the egg and vanilla.
- Next, add in the flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Mix together until combined.
- Now at this point if you are using a heavy duty mixer like a kitchen aid, you can also blend in the oats and chocolate chips with the mixer. Then fold in the Rice Krispies by hand. If using a hand mixer, you will need to fold in the oats, chocolate chips, and Rice Krispies by hand.
- Drop scoops of the dough onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden. Allow to sit on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Makes 3 dozen.
Recipe adapted from The Essential Mormon Cookbook.